Employees provident fund is the main retirement saving scheme for the salaried class. A portion of salary is deducted and deposited in the PF account every month. If you want to check your EPF balance amount, no need to visit your EPF office. You don’t even need to contact your employer. EPFO has now increased the transparency of the PF account for employees. Online facilities at EPFO member login and introduction of UAN number has eliminated dependency of a person on his employer for EPF information. Employees can now transfer the PF amount to new PF account without the help of employer. Here we have listed all the different ways of checking EPF balance.
Check EPF Balance Online and Offline
Here are the online ways of checking the amount accumulated in your provident fund account. Choose the method most suitable to know your PF status just in few moments:
1. Check your provident fund balance at the official website of EPFO at www.epfindia.com. Select all the necessary options and fill up the details including your EPF account number. You will get OTP on your mobile number. Read more for enter the OTP to get the provident fund balance amount on your mobile phone.
2. Know your PF balance status amount by SMS. Send an SMS as EPFOHO UAN <ENG> to 773 8299 899 to get your PF status in English language. You can get it in different languages too.
3. Missed call service is also launched by EPFO to enable employees to know their PF balance amount. Just give a missed call from your UAN registered number to 011 22901 406. You will get your PF balance details on your mobile by SMS.
4. Download the EPFO mobile app from google playstore or app store and know your PF status on your smart phones. The official EPFO mobile apps are available for download free of charge.
5. If you have activated your UAN, use the EPFO UAN member portal page. Login with your UAN number, password, and check how much amount is accumulated in your PF account.
If you want to check provident fund balance status manually, you can visit your nearest EPF office. Fill up a form and you will be informed your PF account details.